Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dear This Shallow Thought,

"I'm worried about marrying an ugly man, because people will look at us and think, 'Wow, she's way too pretty for him.' Also, I'm even more terrified of having ugly kids. And no one will tell me. And marrying an ugly man will up my chances of having ugly kids.

"I'm also worried about marrying a man that's prettier than I am. Because then people will look at us and think, 'Wow, he's way too pretty for her.' Chances of having ugly kids are less if I marry an attractive man, but what if our genes mix in a way that creates really ugly children anyway?"

I'm sure that when I find the right man, these worries will become moot, because I'll be in love and happy and whatever happens, happens, but that doesn't stop these vain and shallow thoughts from crossing my mind every once in a while.

Am I a horrible person for thinking these things?

Love, Tanika

2 comments:

  1. Everybody thinks shallow thoughts. It's part of the human condition. We're rather shallow. Part of the whole natural man thing. But if you honestly think that the thought is shallow, and you continue to entertain it, and then act upon it, I would say that then is where it becomes bad. Because it's not just crossing your mind. You're actually acting shallow. There's my 2 cents. Take it for what you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have plastic surgery now, so even if you do have ugly kids (which I CANNOT imagine because you are so cute and your cute genes will overpower even the ugliest genes)--uh, where was I?--oh, yes. Even if you DO have ugly kids, they can fix it when they get older.

    (How's that for a shallow comment?)

    ReplyDelete