Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dear Reader 2,

I'm doing a small collection of mini letters I've written in my head in the last few days.



Dear Theatre,

Why is it that the 6-foot tall girl who is deathly afraid of heights is always. ALWAYS. The one chosen to do the complicated stuff on the extremely high part of the set? WHY?

Love, Tanika



Dear Men,

Is the following statement true? "If a guy wants to see a girl, he WILL do whatever it takes to see that girl." I'd really like to know, for the sake of my sanity. By the way, I'm single. And I should be dating a lot more. You should ask me on a date. I'm interested in you.

Love, Tanika



Dear Pirate Language on Facebook,

You make people's lives sound far more interesting than they are.

Love, Tanika



Dear "It" Girl,

You could seriously have your pick of most of the guys in the department. Pick one. Don't go all crazy white girl on him, and stick to him. Leave the rest of the poor male population to the rest of us girls. You don't get to flirt anymore. Chastity belt is now locked in place.

Love, Tanika



Dear Noorda Theatre Summer Camp,

Please, oh PLEASE, find a place for me. You have no idea how much I want to work for you. I don't care if it's changing diapers. I just need this experience this summer. Please, Please, PLEASE!!!

Love, Tanika



Dear Men (Again),

Fo shiz. Ask me on a date. I'll look pretty and try not to embarrass you and myself too much. And if you're repulsed by the idea of asking me out... please tell me why. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong these days that makes it so impossible for you to think of me in that way. Ugh, I hate being one of those girls. Forget I said anything.

Love, Tanika


Thanks for letting me share!

Love, Tanika

P.S. Have you seen He's Just Not That Into You? Remember Gigi? I'm her. Without the exception. Heaven help me.

2 comments:

  1. hahah. This WHOLE thing makes me happy. :) I like the "it" girl one. hehehe.


    :D I love you Tanika. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a guy wants to see a girl, he will often make an effort. But many guys are too shy. And the guy will very often worry that they will come across too strong or get shut down or are just plain nervous. Some guys are forward enough to make it happen when they want to see a girl. But that's probably less than a third of the guy population as far as I know. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete